In my past organization it was very important to use high jargons even for small things or activities, even for giving help to juniors or bit of guidance used to consider as mentoring. Coaching was very common word. Recently i am reading one book on mentoring, now realizing that mentoring is not just a bigger coverage areas but it is important as well in order to build and keep a successful team/ group and to make them grow in order to achieve your own and their success. Once i get more thoughts i like to share it, here i just putting very high agenda on what mentoring is… i also more from your side as well as feedback.
as per some of thought i gather i can say do
– Set high expectations of performance.
– Offer challenging ideas.
– Help to build self-confidence.
– Encourage professional behaviour.
– Offer friendship.
– Confront negative behaviour & attitudes.
– Listen to personal problems.
– Teach by example.
– Provide growth experiences.
– Offer meaningful sayings or quotations.
– Explain how the organization works.
– Coach their mentorees.
– Stand by their mentorees in critical situations.
– Offer wise counsel.
– Encourage winning behaviour.
– Trigger self-awareness.
– Inspire their mentorees.
– Share critical knowledge.
– Offer encouragement.
– Assist with their mentoree’s career.
Thanks – Shivmohan Purohit