ORACLE CLOUD ERP – REPORT AND ANALYTICS By Amit Bhatnagar
What is Oracle Cloud Reporting?
- Use Analyses and Dashboards to find the answers that you need from key business data displayed in Graphical Formats.
- Oracle Fusion Applications uses the Oracle Business Intelligence platform to provide Reports and Analytics.
- Analytics (analyses or analytical reports) are Visualizations (such as charts and tables) of a specific set of data.
- Dashboards are a collection of reporting components grouped together to deliver a coherent view of related data.
- Provides different report types to satisfy different Reporting Requirements.
Different ways of Oracle Cloud ERP Reporting
|Reporting Tools||Report Type|
|General Accounting Dashboard and Account Inspector||Account Groups|
|Reports and Analytics||Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence Objects|
|BI Catalog||All Report Types, Except Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher Reports|
|Enterprise Performance Management Workspace||Reports, Books, Snapshot Reports, Snapshot Books, Financial Reporting Batches, and Batch Scheduler|
|Enterprise Scheduler System||Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher Reports|
Financial Reporting Studio
- General Ledger Balances
- Financial and Management Reports
- Professionally Formatted
- Real-time and Static data
- Multi-level drill down
Account Inspector and Sunburst
- Account groups are used to monitor key accounts in General Ledger
- Account groups are used only in General Ledger
- Users can view, import, manipulate, distribute, and share data
- Comprehensive tool for accessing and integrating Enterprise Performance Management, Business Intelligence, and General Ledger content from Microsoft Office products
- Ability to create and refresh spreadsheets to access real-time account balances and activity
Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence
- Included as part of the Oracle Cloud Apps licenses and does not need any additional setup
- Provides you real-time and Self-service reporting solution in Fusion
- OBIEE answers provide users with an ability to access the out of the box functional subject areas
- Users can create reports by simply dragging and dropping columns to create reports
Creation of OTBI Reports
- In OTBI, fusion has already given the predefined views that fetch data from the Balance cubes
- Users just need to select the appropriate view/Subject area
- Users can add filters, custom formulae and use the different views which are provided
- Save and Run the Report
BI Publisher Reports
- Enables to design and create report layout templates with the more common desktop applications.
- With a single template, it can generate reports in many formats (PDF, RTF, Excel, HTML, and so on) in many languages.
- Dramatically reduces report maintenance, enabling power business users to adjust report templates without the involvement of IT resources.
Creation of BI Publisher Reports
- Create a Data model based on a SQL query
- View and Save the Sample Data of the Data Model
- Create a Report based on the Data Model
- Design a Template/Layout
- Save and Then Run the Report
Custom Layout Templates
- All reports delivered with Oracle Fusion Applications include at least one predefined layout template
Defines the presentation components and maps the elements from the data model to these components
- Types of templates
- Templates created using BI Publisher’s layout editor
- eText template-specifically for electronic data interchange (EDI) and electronic funds transfer (EFT)
Custom Layout Templates – RTF
We can create our own custom RTF template by performing below steps: –
Create a data model – Generate the XML data file for the data model – Save the XML Data file locally – Open word and load XML data – Design the RTF template – Save the RTF file – Create a report/extract based on the data model – Upload the RTF template created against that report layout
Enterprise Scheduler Job
A program that you run to process data and, in some cases, generate output as a report, extract file or executing some actions like validation of a document, accounting, purging/ deletion of certain data/document etc.
Users can submit these jobs as an adhoc process, or it can be automated to be run at a certain time
We can group related jobs in a job set to be executed in a defined sequence