ABOUT THE ORACLE® UNIFIED METHOD (OUM)
Oracle is evolving the Oracle® Unified Method (OUM) to achieve the vision of supporting the entire Enterprise IT Lifecycle, including support for the successful implementation of every Oracle product. OUM replaces the Legacy Methods, such as AIM Advantage, AIM for Business Flows, EMM Advantage, PeopleSoft’s Compass, and Siebel’s Results Roadmap. Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners are encouraged to transition to OUM.
This release features:
- Business Process Management (BPM) Project Engineering Supplemental Guide
- Cloud Roadmap View and Supplemental Guide
- Enterprise Security View and Supplemental Guide
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Governance Implementation Supplemental Guide
- “Tailoring OUM for Your Project” White Paper
- OUM Microsoft Project Workplan Template and User’s Guide
- Mappings: OUM to J.D. Edwards OneMethodology, OUM Roles to Task
- Techniques: Determining Number of Iterations, Managing an OUM Project using Scrum
- Templates: Scrum Workplan (WM.010), Siebel CRM
- Enhanced / Updated:
- Manage Focus Area reorganized by Activities for all Views
- Oracle Architecture Development Process (OADP) View updated for OADP v3.0
- Oracle Support Services Supplemental Guide expanded to include guidance related to IT Change Management
- Oracle User Productivity Kit Professional (UPK Pro) and Tutor Supplemental Guide expanded guidance for UPK Pro
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Application Integration Architecture (AIA) Supplemental Guide updated for SOA Tactical Project Delivery View
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Tactical Project Delivery View expanded to include additional tasks
- Siebel CRM Supplemental Guide expanded task guidance and added select Siebel-specific OUM templates
- WebCenter View Supplemental Guide updated for WebCenter Portal and Content Management
OPN Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners are able to access the OUM method pack, training courses, and collateral from the OPN Portal at no additional cost:
- Go to the OPN Portal at partner.oracle.com.
- Select the “Partners (Login Required)” tab.
- Select the “Engage with Oracle” tab.
- From the Engage with Oracle page, locate the “Applications” heading.
- From the Applications heading, locate and select the “Oracle Unified Method” link.
- From the Oracle Unified Method Knowledge Zone, select the “Implement” tab.
- From the Implement tab, select the “Tools and Resources” link.
- Locate and select the “Oracle Unified Method (OUM)” link.