- Don’t Call it a Comeback, by Aaron Lazenby
It may not be business as usual in the wake of the “global economic crisis,” but this issue ofProfit features companies that found ways to improve operations in the face of adversity.
- Real-Time Supply Chain, by Stuart Roy
Oracle’s senior director of industry strategy and insight says compressed timescales and complex supplier relationships are creating new opportunities for supply chain organizations.
- Forward Thinking
- Survival of the Fittest
Retailers must evolve to meet customers’ ever-increasing demands.
- Gathering Clouds
How does Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud advance datacenter consolidation efforts? Plus, a new version of Oracle Office, and Oracle and SunLabs launch the Oracle Health Sciences Institute.
- Oracle Office Goes Global
- Oracle Health Sciences Institute Debuts
- News Briefs
- Faster Fashion, by Aaron Lazenby
Jon Kubo, CIO of Wet Seal, shares his thoughts on how mobile technology, social media, and enterprise systems are accelerating the retail industry.
- Oracle Recognizes 2010 Retail Excellence Award Winners, by Aaron Lazenby
- Selling on Demand, by Monica Mehta
Broad adoption of Oracle’s CRM On Demand software improves collaboration among eSilicon’s sales force—and increases transparency for management.
- The Power of Social CRM, by Monica Mehta
- EPM Sets Sail, by David Baum
General Dynamics gets a clear view of project budget and scheduling with the help of Oracle’s enterprise performance management and business intelligence solutions.
- Intelligence Design: Q&A with Oracle’s Tobin Gilman, by David Baum
- Supplies and Demand, by Fred Sandsmark
School Specialty executives rely on Oracle E-Business Suite and Lean manufacturing concepts to deal with the demands of a seasonal rush.
- Oracle Insight Aligns IT and Business Strategy, by Fred Sandsmark
- Heading in the Right Direction, by Tony Kontzer
Oracle’s Demantra applications give GPS manufacturer Garmin a roadmap for demand forecasting and manufacturing efficiency.
- Getting the Most from Your Consultants, by Tony Kontzer
- Growth Market, by David Rosenbaum
Retailer Lojas Renner looks to Oracle retail solutions to help the business keep pace with Brazil’s booming consumer market.
- Clear Reasons for Moving into the Cloud, by David Rosenbaum
- Room Service, by Minda Zetlin
Core IT functions check out of La Quinta’s datacenter—and Oracle’s On Demand solutions deliver cost savings.
- One Throat to Love, by Minda Zetlin
- Service Opportunity, by Sasha Banks-Louie
Manufacturers can find new revenue—even as demand dips—by extending new services to existing customers.
- Rapid Planning Guards Against Market Volatility, by Sasha Banks-Louie
- Extreme Makeover: hardware Edition, by Alan Joch
Oracle management reinvents Sun’s hardware manufacturing and supply chain processes and learns valuable lessons in the process.
- Friends in High Places, by Alan Joch
- Tailored solutions, by Kate Pavao
Oracle Retail expert Vince Beacom answers reader questions submitted via Twitter.
- Shipping Smarter, by Tara Swords