You would like to personalize the AppsLocalLogin.jsp login page to add specific text, change the logo, etc. This document describes the supported and non supported methods to achieve one’s ends.
1. Attributes of the login page
It is possible to control the display of some attributes of the login page, for instance user name or password hints, language switchers, forgot password link, corporate policy message, etc. For this, you need to set the profile option ‘Local Login Mask’ (FND_SSO_LOCAL_LOGIN_MASK) with a number being the sum of the mask values described in the table below:
|Hint for Username (USERNAME_HINT)||01|
|Hint for Password (PASSWORD_HINT)||02|
|Cancel button (CANCEL_BUTTON)||04|
|Forgot Password link (FORGOT_PASSWORD_URL)||08|
|Registration link (REGISTER_URL)||16|
|Language Images (LANGUAGE_IMAGES)||32|
|Corporate Policy Message (SARBANES_OXLEY_TEXT)||64|
* For instance the value 32 (default) displays only the language icons and value 127 will show all the attributes on the page. Please see the attached screen shots as an example. * The change takes effect immediately after re-login to E-Business Suite.
2. Message texts
It is possible to modify or add text on the login page by changing the value of some messages. The following table shows the related messages and their default value:
|FND_SSO_COPYRIGHT_TEXT||Copyright (c) 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved.|
|FND_SSO_SARBANES_OXLEY_TEXT||Corporate Policy Message|
To change the value of a message:
1. Go to “Application Developer” responsibility
2. Select “Messages” from the menu
3. Query the message name and then enter your message text in the “Current Message Text” field
4. Save changes and exit
5. Clear cache and bounce Apache to see the change
* Note that some messages can be used elsewhere that in the login page and can be updated by a patch , * If you want to change also the default branding ‘E-Business Suite’ on other pages, to match the text on the login page (defined by FND_SSO_EBIZ_SUITE message),
then follow the steps below:
a. Login with System Administrator responsibility
b. Navigate: Application —> Function
c. Query the function ‘FWK_HOMEPAGE_BRAND’
d. Replace the value of the ‘User Function Name’ with the desired text
c. Logout and login to see the change (you shouldn’t need to clear caches and bounce apache)
* The ‘FND_SSO_SARBANES_OXLEY_TEXT’ message is only displayed when the mask
3. Corporate branding logo
The Oracle logo is displayed on various E-Business Suite pages and can be changed by setting the
‘Corporate Branding Image for Oracle Applications’ (FND_CORPORATE_BRANDING_IMAGE) profile option to the full path name of an image file (.gif) that contains your corporate image.
However it is not possible to use this method for AppsLocalLogin.jsp since it is hard coded with the Oracle logo image file ‘FNDSSCORP.gif’.
The non supported solution consists in:
1. Go to the $OA_HTML directory
2. Backup the AppsLocalLogin.jsp file
3. Copy your own corporate branding image under $OA_MEDIA directory
4. Edit the AppsLocalLogin.jsp file :
ImageBean imgBean1 = new ImageBean(“/OA_MEDIA/FNDSSCORP.gif”, FND_ORACLE_LOGO);
ImageBean imgBean1 = new ImageBean(“/OA_MEDIA/<your image file name>”, FND_ORACLE_LOGO);
5. Clear caches and bounce Apache to see the change
* If you prefer the same corporate branding logo be displayed on all pages, including the login page, then you can backup the FNDSSCORP.gif file and modify it with your prefered graphic software.
4. Other modifications
AppsLocalLogin.jsp being a Java Server Page you can change the HTML or Java code (for instance with JDeveloper), create you own messages in the Messages Dictionnary thru AOL responsibility, etc., if you want to add other customizations. This is considered a customization and thus not supported by Oracle. If you apply patches replacing AppsLocalLogin.jsp the file will be overwritten.